Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I can see for miles, miles, miles..


Okay, peeps. This is it. Today I leave America. Just for a little while. Feels surreal.

These last few days have been so bittersweet...I'm going to miss the Hastings College family more than I ever imagined. I wasn't really expecting it to feel so sad leaving. But the drive to the airport with the best friend (thanks Mark!) got me starting to feel excited again. We pulled up to the sidewalk and the United Airlines sign and my stomach dropped. I'm currently sitting by my gate in Omaha and still have that funny feeling. I'm sad to leave and excited for what's in store at the same time...it's confusing and wonderful.

For anyone not in Nebraska, the thunderstorms last night were so nice. I was really enjoying the bursts of noise and flashes of light that sprinkled my three hours of sleep last night :) felt like the place was sending me off. I also very gratefully enjoyed my last midwestern American sunset for a while yesterday evening.


Clearly it was a nice one :)

Nebraska, you will be missed. I'm so thankful to have such wonderful people to come home to after my big adventure!! (Seriously. You guys rock. And you're all going to have fantastic semesters.) We're going to have so much to talk about when I return.


While you're on the internet right now.. if you haven't heard Bon Iver's newest album yet, you need to follow this link right this very second: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWcyIpul8OE and experience the beauty that is "Holocene".

I'll post again from Spain!! (AHHH!!!)

Love!
Rubea

No comments:

Post a Comment