Friday, September 30, 2011

NEWS!!! :)

So a few years back, students in the ISA program here in Meknes started an Intercultural University Forum at our college, Moulay Ismail. Since then the forum has multiplied in size and grew too big to be held in isolated little Meknes! International Students come to this forum from all over the world. This year it's being held in Seville, Spain during our fall break and a group of Moroccan and American students from our university will be going to present!

Today we found out that all eight American students that wanted to will be able to go!! I AM SO EXCITED!!

The theme for the Forum this year is Intercultural Dialogue in the Information and Network Society....and our presentation topic is Cultural Diversity and Globalization. We started discussing ideas within our group of Americans today and there are some really great ideas floating around. I'm confident that it's going to be a really great experience, and I think I'm going to learn A FREAKING TON!! I mean, really? Social networking and globalization...during this whole Arab Spring thing.....ohmygosh I'm going to explode from the anticipation of all these new encounters and experiences and points of view GOOD GRIEF!

Call me nerdy, but I couldn't be happier to be spending my week-long break from school in Spain being academic with other international students :)

Anyway, just wanted to tell people..because..umm...if you couldn't tell? I'M EXCITED!


Here's the Facebook page, if you're interested :)

No comments:

Post a Comment